The term was used commonly within the League, though rarely (if at all) by the empire of Omnius.
Reasons for Unaligned Status Edit
On a general level, unaligned planets were often unaligned because they chose to be. However, there were also five categories into which such worlds fell. Some world's fell into multiple categories:
- They were strategically insignificant;
- They yielded few economic, material, or human resources;
- They had very low human populations;
- They were the domain of pacifist Budislamics;
- They harbored a human civilization that was isolationist or insular.
Unallied planets were often raided by slavers.