Germanic? Hadi is definitely an Arabian derivative. Benotto is actually an Italian name of a person, who manufactures bicylces.
Perhaps Hadi Benotto is his descendant!
--Erasmus2 14:00, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Brian Herbert should allow a re-print. His and his father's version of Dune is good. It would be good for others to be able to read what some other authors felt would have been good Dune material back in 80s. --Erasmus2 19:29, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
Several fan made versions? Edit
Really? I only know about the ancient scanned version (massive file, crap quality) and the dune.ru version (real text, some mistakes) are there more? --DuneFish "Good fences make good neighbors." 17:11, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I have seen at least two different OCR ones and a scanned one; but it's not that important. MoffRebusMy Talk 20:22, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I made an OCR of the ancient scanned crap one a few days ago, me-self. As for "fan made", it is the same book, just different scans (if that)!--Rookwood 23:44, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
- "Fan-performed" scans then MoffRebus 09:07, April 23, 2010 (UTC)
- It's fan-made ie: not an officially released e-book, rather it's something you (a fan) made.
- Nah - I know it's not really one of the great questions of the cosmos - I just like cool links to Dune stuff. Is your version online at all Rookwood?
- --DuneFish "Good fences make good neighbors." 17:50, April 23, 2010 (UTC)
Source of the Butlerian Jihad in the Dune UniverseEdit
For Dune fans, here is an interesting article that finally makes clear the source of the name and inspiration for the Butlerian Jihad in Frank Herbert's science fiction universe. I printed it today (5/29/2014) from the microfilm archives of The Herald held at the Everett (WA) Public Library. Frank Butler was our family attorney before his retirement. Article citation and annotation: Wootton, Sharon. "Stanwood Butler Did It." The Herald [Everett, WA] 03 Dec. 2000, Books sec.: 2D. Print. Frank Butler, attorney from Stanwood, Washington, is identified as the source for the Butlerian Jihad in Frank Herbert's Dune universe. To see the article, go here: http://where-we-start-from.blogspot.com/2014/05/source-of-butlerian-jihad-in-dune.html Jeffrey Dennis Pearce188.8.131.52 05:47, May 30, 2014 (UTC)\