- Henoor III dies without immediate heirs.
- Abulurd VI Harkonnen bribes Sardaukar commander, Nadab Nadar, to institute a popular "draft" of Harkonnen over the other possible and potential successors among the Corrino Cousines. Others follow his example and civil war seemed certain.
- To remedy the situation, Count Philippos Atreides proposes to form and control a Regency while they sort out the various contentions of the heirs and to settle the opposing claims.
- Philippos and Abulurd fight in a kanly and Philippos emerges victorious
- Landsraad president Sa'ad Khumali is elected to rule as Emperor, the first of the Regency period
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.